Web site: www.pentalog.fr
After having contributed to the creation of some start-ups and having participated in the development of many other new products / concepts / solutions, Pentalog launches a true innovation unit, which will help to improve, professionalize and deliver technology solutions that drive business value for our clients. This unit’s goal is to renew the methods and processes in IT consulting and outsourcing by developing various software platforms going from the implementation of project metrics to evaluation technical competencies an HR.
We are looking for a results-oriented senior leader in the Information Systems department, responsible for driving business operations projects/programs, in cooperation with key stakeholders in business unit and in Pentalog Group.
Ideal candidate worked in IT consulting companies; most desirable experience in software editing.
The Innovation & Operations Manager will be located in our offices in Brasov (Romania).
a. Project related
- Lead team of analysts/program managers in driving results of all businesses: reporting and analysis, staffing, integration transformation, product life cycle engineering reviews, investment/spend, communications.
- Develop and execute appropriate governance for each project/program: key stakeholders, structure, meeting management, decision tracking, issue management and resolution of issues. Use best practices to improve time and costs.
- Key advisor to senior management on strategy, planning and operations. Recognizes potential in assessed projects and recommends them for incubation in labs.
- Works with the Project Managers/Officers from each functional domain to define strategy and work parcels.
- Administers and manage project schedules.
- Assesses technical risk and mitigation plan.
- Participates in project wrap-up sessions to highlight successes and failures of the teams. Creates and manages remediation plans with the development team for failures to avoid repeat.
- Facilitates team meetings effectively and holds regular status meetings with key stakeholders.
- Keeps development teams well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations and assists in commercial offers.
c. Leadership, teamwork and client management
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Acts as a coach for the teams.
- Communicates effectively with key stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
d. Organizational responsibilities
- Evaluates and interviews candidates for positions in the unit.
- Evaluates the teams, identifying strengths, problem areas, and developing plans for improving performance.
- Establishes standards and procedures to track and measure projects progression.
- Recognize and stimulate unusual ideas with high potential impact.
- Provide constructive coaching and advice to projects and drive these strategic projects through to completion.
- Drive innovation and take risks. High tolerance for ambiguity.
- Strong abilities in managing innovation projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and multi-cultural communication skills (especially when the projects are situated in different locations).
- At least 7 years experience in IT or consulting industries.
- Proven experience as Project manager or IT Department Manager.
- Successful track-record with managing abroad / offshore / nearshore projects (from technical, financial and human resources point of view).
- Very well organized person, dynamic and autonomous.
- “Client-oriented” attitude.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field required.
- Fluency in English and French is a must.
- Availability for traveling (internal and abroad – Europe, Asia).
- Join an international organization and work with talented people in a multicultural environment;
- Challenging projects within a new business unit;
- Appreciation for your ideas; transparency in decision making;
- Remuneration package including incentives, bonuses, health insurance, etc.
More about Pentalog’s business unit: